CALL FOR ENTRIES
I — Participation Requirements
1. The theme of the contest is: “TEXTILES OF MEXICO”, with this theme we’ll celebrate our 10th anniversary of the EXPO PATCHWORK & QUILT.
2. The quilt must have between 4m (105”) minimum and 6m (236”) of maximum perimeter, regardless of shape.
3. The quilt must include one handmade textile from any indigenous community of Mexico, whichever size.
4. The technique to be used is free.
5. The quilt must have front, batting and baking.
6. No computerized quilts allowed.
7. Quilts must be unpublished, patterns already published or quilts exhibited previously are not allowed.
8. There are no restrictions for working as a team.
9. The quilts must include:
• A 10 cm (4”) sleeve on the back, leaving 1” each side without sleeve to cover the hangouts.
• A label on the right, lower back corner indicating: title, artist, date and place of making.
II — Judges and awards
1. The judges’ decision is final.
2. The awards will be: A trophy, certificate and ribbon for the 3 first places of the collection. Ribbons will be awarded to the 3 first places of those quilters entering for the first time to our contests.
3. We thank CONSTRUCCIONES DOS LEONES for their kind sponsorship of the following prizes for the winning quilts:
• FIRST PLACE: $3,000 MXN
• SECOND PLACE: $2,000 MXN
• THIRD PLACE: $1,000 MXN
4. All quilts will run for the AUDIENCE FAVORITE award, which is kindly sponsored by OMNIGRID.
5. Certificates will be given to all participants in the contest.
6. To evaluate the quilts, the following criteria will be considered:
• Design of the quilt.
• That the quilt fits in the theme of the contest.
• The skill shown in the technique chosen for the quilt.
• The finishing of the quilt.
• Compliance with all the conditions to participate and conditions of this call.
7. To thank the efforts of all the participants, the gifts from our sponsors will be raffled among all participants. We thank the following sponsors for the contest prizes:
III — Registration
1. The entry fee is of $500.00 MXN per quilt.
2. To register a quilt into the contest you will need to make a deposit to the HSBC account number 40535 92036 under Eduardo Ramírez Cato or via bank transfer CLABE: 021 580 040 535 920 363.
Account user name: Eduardo Ramirez Cato
Bank name: HSBC México, S.A.
Account No. 4053592036
Swift Code: BIMEMXMM
After that, you must fill in the following form and upload your payment slip there:
3. The deadline to receive submissions is December 29th, 2017.
4. To exhibit the quilt we need to receive it by January the 31st, 2018 at:
Col. Bosques del Valle
66250, San Pedro Garza García, N.L.
We suggest you to make sure that the courier arrives on time.
5. Quilts entering to the contest could participate in one or more international shows, for that reason, they will be returned to their owners 1 year after the 10th EXPO PATCHWORK & QUILT. To do that, we will appreciate you sending a pre-paid guide to send you back your quilts.
IV — Notes
• Quilters de México will solve anything else that is not covered in this call.
• Participants on the contest agree upon entering that any picture of their works can be used by QUILTERS DE MEXICO® for publicity, design of products or any other commercial or promotional purposes.