Artisanal Mexican Toys
CALL FOR ENTRIES
I — Participation Requirements
1. The theme of the contest is: “Artisanal Mexican Toys”
2. The measurements should be two squares of 20″ (51cm) on each side. Both square quilts are mandatory.
3. The technique to be used is free.
4. The quilt must have front, batting and backing.
5. No computerized quilts allowed.
6. Quilts must be unpublished; patterns already published or quilts exhibited previously are not allowed.
7. There are no restrictions for working as a team.
8. The quilts must include:
• A 10 cm (4”) sleeve on the back, leaving 1” each side without sleeve to cover the hangouts.
• A label on the right, lower back corner indicating: title, artist, date and place of making.
II — Judges and awards
1. The judges’ decision is final.
2. The prizes: certificate and ribbon for the 3 first places of the collection, as well as for the 3 first places for quilters who participate in our contest for the first time.
3. Certificate for all participants.
4. The best quilts will travel to Spain for the Quilt Festival in Granada.
5. The gifts from our sponsors will be raffled among all participants.
6. To evaluate the quilts, the following criteria will be considered:
• Design of the quilt
• That the quilt fits in the theme of the contest
• The skill shown in the technique chosen for the quilt
• The finishing and general neatness of the quilt
• That the quilting is neat and consistent on the front and back
• Compliance with all the conditions to participate and conditions of this call
III — Registration
1. The entry fee is of $800 MXN per submission (up to four 20” x 20” quilts). Return posting of your quilt is included. Please make the $800 MXN payment through a deposit to the HSBC account number 40535 92036 under Eduardo Ramírez Cato or via bank transfer CLABE: 021 580 040 535 920 363. In order to pay by card now, click here (a commission of 2.9% is charged).
Account user name: Eduardo Ramirez Cato
Bank name: HSBC México, S.A.
Account No. 4053592036
Swift Code: BIMEMXMM
2. The deadline to receive submissions is January 31, 2020.
3. Your quilt must arrive to Monterrey by February 7, 2020 or be delivered at the WTC on Wednesday February 12 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
4. The quilts will remain under custody of Quilters de México to be be exhibited in Spain and other shows ehere they might be required during 2020.
Please send the quilts to:
Alfonso Reyes N° 235 Depto. 2502 Col. Bosques del Valle
66250 San Pedro Garza García, N.L.
IV — Notes
• The organizers will solve any missing detail or controversy that hasn’t been covered in this call.
• Participants on the contest agree upon entering that any picture of their works can be used by Quilters de México® for publicity, design of products or any other commercial or promotional purposes.