CALL FOR ENTRIES
I— Participation requirements:
1. The contest is open to everyone.
2. In order to participate, you will have to present an outfit for women, men or child, using repurposed materials (fabrics, embellishments, etc. that were previously used for something else).
3. You must include patchwork and/or quilting techniques in the making of the garments.
4. The objective of this activity is to bring out your creativity to give a new life to textiles that might otherwise be discarded.
5. The pieces will be on display during the three days of the Expo Patchwork: February 13, 14 and 15, 2020 at the World Trade Center. The entrance fee to all 3 days of the event is included in your registration to the fashion contest.
5. You will also participate in the Fashion Contest that will take place on Friday February 14 at 8:00pm in the Social Dinner at Hotel Vermont, Colonia Nápoles. Dinner is included in your registration fee.
6. You must submit your pieces on Wednesday February 12 from 2:00 a 7:00pm at the World Trade Center, Mixtecas room, 2nd floor.
II— Judges and awards:
1. The decision of the judges will be final.
2. All participants will get an award for their participation and a special recognition to the winning designs.
3. Prizes include: JANOME sewing machine, Omnigrid accessories and scholarships in Patchwork schools.
4. For the evaluation of the pieces, the following aspects will be taken into account:
• The original design
• The dexterity in the chosen technique
• The finished piece
• Compliance with the requirements for participation and all the conditions as stated in this document
1. The entry fee will be of $500 MXN for one or more garments (includes dinner and your entrance to the Expo on all 3 days).
2. The deadline to register your pieces is on January 31, 2020.
3. Payment must be made through a bank deposit to HSBC account number 40535 92036 for Eduardo Ramirez Cato or through a bank transfer CLABE: 021 580 040 535 920 363. In order to pay by card now, click here (a commission of 2.9% is charged).
Account user name: Eduardo Ramirez Cato
Bank name: HSBC México, S.A.
Account No. 4053592036
Swift Code: BIMEMXMM
4. Afterwards, please complete the following form and upload your payment slip there.
1. Any point that hasn’t been covered in this document or controversy regarding the contest will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
2. Participants of the contest agree upon registration that any pictures of their work may be used by QUILTERS DE MÉXICO® for advertising, product design, or other promotional or commercial purposes.