MI CASA, TU CASA: Mexican hospitality
CALL FOR ENTRIES
I — Participation Requirements
1. The theme of the contest is: “MI CASA, TU CASA: Mexican hospitality”, inspired by the Mexicans’ tradition for hospitality.
2. The quilt must have between 4m (105”) minimum and 6m (236”) of maximum perimeter, regardless of shape.
3. The quilt must include the attached pattern in some way.
4. The technique to be used is free.
5. The quilt must have front, batting and backing.
6. No quilts made with computerised quilting machines will be allowed.
7. Quilts must be unpublished, patterns already published or quilts exhibited previously are not allowed.
8. There are no restrictions for working as a team.
9. The quilts must include:
• A 10 cm (4”) sleeve on the back to be able to hang it, as shown in the image below.
• A label on the right, lower back corner indicating: title, artist, date and place of origin.
II — Judges and awards
1. The judges’ decision is final.
2. The awards will be a certificate and ribbon for the 3 first places of the collection. There will also be a cash prize of: $3,000 MXN for the first place, $2,000 MXN for the second place and $1,000 MXN for the third place. There will also be a certificate and a ribbon for the 3 first places for quilters who participate in our contest for the first time.
3. All quilts will run for the AUDIENCE FAVORITE award.
4. To evaluate the quilts, the following criteria will be considered:
• Design of the quilt
• That the quilt fits in the theme of the contest
• The skill shown in the technique chosen for the quilt
• The finishing of the quilt
• Compliance with all the conditions to participate and conditions of this call
7. To thank the efforts of all the participants, the gifts from our sponsors will be raffled among all participants.
III — Registration
1. The entry fee is of $800 MXN per quilt in competition.
2. To register a quilt into the contest you will need to make a deposit to the HSBC account number 40535 92036 under Eduardo Ramírez Cato or via bank transfer CLABE: 021 580 040 535 920 363.
Account user name: Eduardo Ramirez Cato
Bank name: HSBC México, S.A.
Account No. 4053592036
Swift Code: BIMEMXMM
3. The deadline to receive submissions is January 25, 2019.
4. To exhibit the quilt we need to receive it by February 1, 2019 at:
Col. Bosques del Valle
66250, San Pedro Garza García, N.L.
We suggest you to make sure that the courier arrives on time, as belated quilts won’t participate in the contest.
5. Quilts entering to the contest could participate in one or more international shows, including the Quilt Time Festival in Yokohama, Japan,to be celebrated at the end of May and the begining of June, 2019 for that reason, they will be returned to their owners 1 year after the 11th Expo Patchwork & Quilt. The entry fee includes the return shipping of your quilt after finishing touring.
IV — Notes
• Quilters de México® will solve any missing detail or controversy that hasn’t been covered in this call.
• If you have any doubts, please contact email@example.com
• Participants on the contest agree upon entering that any picture of their works can be used by Quilters de México® for publicity, design of products or any other commercial or promotional purposes.
Pattern to be used in the design of the quilt:
(Click here to download the pattern)
•The size of the pattern is to be decided by the artist
• You may change the direction of the pattern to your liking
• You may use the pattern as many times as you wish in your design
How to include the sleeve and label in the back of the quilt: